What's the story?
The story right now is "Take Out to Help Out" as we are open, however just able to offer a takeaway service only! Please see the Coronavirus Information section of the website for more details.
Established in Spring 2018 (in the the old Post Office), Datchworth Coffee is the place for great barista coffee, tasty breakfasts, lovely lunches and a delicious selection of cakes.
As well as our cosy front room, we have a covered and comfortable courtyard - lovely in the summer and when it's a little chilly, with the window-blind down and the heaters on, like being indoors!
We love a pooch in Datchworth Coffee - dogs most welcome inside or in the Courtyard. Water on tap for the thirsty ones and a natural treat available on the house if well-behaved!!
Every month, we have a special Supper Club evening; a themed 3-course menu with a choice of starter, main and dessert.
Book and pay for food in advance and then on the night, choose from our curated selection of wine, beer or have a bottle of fizz (we are fully licenced).
If you want to join the Supper Club mailing list and be connected to us, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email and mobile number.
Note that Supper Clubs are temporarily suspended again to ensure compliance to latest government lockdown stipulations.
food & menus
We serve Breakfast from opening until 11:30 including:
- Avocado on sourdough toast with poached eggs (with or without bacon)
- American style spelt pancakes with maple syrup & raspberries
- Croissants baked to order in about 10 minutes (Almond or plain with raspberry jam)
Lunch from midday including:
- Bacon, avocado & tomato melt
- Tuna melt open sandwich
- Goats cheese and beetroot salad
- Hummus and roasted vegetable panini
- During the colder months, a soup of the day
- Sometimes also a lunchtime special!
Last orders for lunch 2:45pm.
From midday, we also serve lovely tipple including Pale Ale, Cyder, Prosecco plus White, Red and Rose wine.
The natural partner to our specialist coffee are our hand-baked cakes and treats.
We've settled on some all-time favourites: brownies, bakewell tart, carrot cake or lemon drizzle.
There's also Power Balls for a natural energy high - very popular with our cyclist friends!
Our address is:
3 Datchworth Green
Find us at the crossroads of Datchworth Green/Watton Road with Brookbridge Lane/Bramfield Road. We are opposite The Tilbury.
Normal Opening Hours:
Tuesdays to Fridays 9am until 4pm
Saturdays & Sundays 10am until 4pm
...or talk to us!
Or call us (01438) 487280 during business hours. If we don't pick up. it's probably as we're busy-busy making lovely stuff, but leave a number and we'll holler you back.
We welcome reservations for breakfast or lunch, courtyard or inside, with dogs or without, but always with a smile!
PLEASE NOTE THAT - DUE TO THE SECOND LOCKDOWN - WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR SUPPORT WHILST WE OPERATE A TAKEOUT SERVICE ONLY FROM THURSDAY 5TH NOV 2020.
- ONE PERSON (WHO MUST WEAR A MASK) ALLOWED IN AT A TIME TO ORDER AND THEN TAKE AWAY
- TAKEOUT FOOD MENU WILL BE A SMALLER SELECTION
- STRICTLY ONLY CARD PAYMENTS
- NO SEATING OR OTHER FACILITIES AT THIS TIME
- OPENING HOURS AS NORMAL: TUES-FRI 9AM-4PM, SAT & SUN 10AM-4PM
- SERVICES AND TIMES MAY NEED TO ALTER - PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR DETAILS